Remember, we’re here to help. Please contact us at 502-618-1902 or use the Contact tab above with any questions you may have.
Four Weeks Before Move
- Call Neutz Sons and Daughters Moving and schedule your move.
- Contact physicians and specialists and notify them of your move. Pick up medical and dental records. If you have renewable prescriptions, make sure to pick up a copy so you don’t miss a dose.
- Transfer any educational records to new schools.
- Tour your home and decide which items should be discarded, sold or donated to charity. Don’t pay to transport useless items.
- Check homeowner’s insurance to see if relocation is covered, and transfer coverage to your new home. If company is paying for your move check their policies on types of services reimbursed.
- Schedule transfer of all personal insurance records.
Three Weeks Before Move
- Plan to use up most of your food and perishable items before the move.
- Check and clear tax assessments, check with your accountant and obtain all copies of returns.
- Schedule appliance maintenance, repairs, and/or installations.
- Use or sell flammable items or ammunition. Movers can’t transport these items.
- Pick up change-of-address forms from your local Post Office.
Two Weeks Before Move
- Begin packing starting with unused items first. If you intend to have us pack, call and schedule packers.
- Close or transfer any charge accounts. Pick up layaway items, dry cleaning, or other items held by someone else.
- Return library books and other locally borrowed items.
- Arrange to discontinue utilities and other locally provided subscription services, such as newspaper delivery and lawn service.
- Schedule connection of utilities in your new home.
- Draw a floor plan of your new home and indicate the placement of furnishings. This is very important.
One Week Before Move
- Transfer bank accounts and credit accounts.
- Set aside maps, games, snacks and any other items to be taken in your car if you’re driving to your new home.
- Contact your phone company about disconnecting service at your current home and setting up service at your new residence. Keep service until after the move day.
- Start packing suitcases. Set aside an area in the house to place things that will be going with you and not the mover.
- Make a checklist of important or valuable items and documents that need to come with you.
- Drain gas from power units, and water from lawn and garden hoses.
Day Before Move
- Put cleaning supplies, toiletries and coffee pot in separate box to be loaded last and unloaded first. Set aside a couple of “load last boxes” for linens, sheets, and bed dressings.
- Finish packing all suitcases. Tidy up!
- Defrost, clean and dry empty refrigerator.
- Be available all day to answer questions, do a walk through with mover, sign Bill of Lading, Declaration of Value, and confirm your new address.
- Confirm delivery date and time with mover.
- Make final check of all rooms and storage areas with your mover. Remember it is your responsibility to ensure mover has taken all items for transporting.
- Lock all windows and doors, and make sure keys are transferred and lights are out.
- Plan to arrive ahead of your movers. This will give you time to ensure that utilities are connected, new home is prepared.
- Place furniture layout in easy to see area for movers as they unload. Double-check your floor plan, and make any changes you feel are necessary.
- At the end of unloading, do a thorough walk-through with your mover to ensure that all items are assembled and placed in the appropriate area.
- Relax and enjoy your new home!
Free QuoteFor a free quote on our moving and storage services, fill out the form below!
"*" indicates required fields
We Can Streamline Your Next Move
The Neutz Moving moving team looks forward to helping you make your move an easy-going process. That is what we are all about: Helping you plan your move.